Christmas Apple Cookies
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 25 g of Freeze-dried Apple pieces
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease cookie sheet with shortening. Beat brown sugar, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Stir in freeze-dried apple.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool. Store loosely covered.