Strawberry & Mango Ice Cream Swiss Roll
A classic for all ages with a twist.
- 4 Eggs
- 115 g Caster sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 75 g Self raising flour
- Vanilla ice cream
- 50 g Mango powder add more to taste if required
- 30 g Strawberry pieces
- Pre heat oven to 190 - 170°c, Gas mark 5, line a swiss roll tins with baking paper.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk until fluffy and thick.
- Fold in self raising flour, taking care to retain air in the mixture.
- Pour into the lined tin and gently smooth out so the batter is flat.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until sponge is firm.
- Turn out the sponge on to a flat surface paper side down and cool until the sponge is still warm but not cold.
- Spoon 5 to 6 heaped tablespoons of the ice cream in to a bowl, beat the ice cream until smooth.
- Add the mango powder and strawberry pieces to the mixture while keeping a little of the strawberry pieces to one side for decoration.
- Smooth out the ice cream mixture on to the sponge evenly, then holding the long edge of the paper, roll the sponge to form a rolled sponge
- 10. Sprinkle the top of the roll with a little caster sugar and the remaining freeze dried strawberries.
- 11. Chill in the freezer to firm up the ice cream.
- 12. Remove from freezer 5 – 10 mins before serving to soften the ice cream.
- 13. Slice through the roll for serving
- 14. Enjoy!