English Rose Bakery Macaroons
- 4 Egg whites (130g)
- 145 g Caster Sugar
- 175 g Ground Almonds
- 175 g Icing Sugar
- 25 g Honey Berry Freeze-Dried Fruit Powder
Making the Macaroons (Serving = Approx 30 Macaroons)
- Separate egg whites and weigh them out.
- Sieve the dry ingredients
- Beat the egg whites until they get fluffy and white then add a third of the sugar, which for 30 seconds, add another third, whisk 30 seconds and add the remaining.
- Whisk until they form peaks (shaving foam consistency)
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in by hand very gently.
- Fold until the mixture appears glossy and all the dry ingredients have combined. The batter should start looking shiny in places and move slowly when tipping the bowl.
- Pipe onto a baking tray on baking parchment.
- Tap the trays on a surface to smooth out any
imperfections and get them flat and smooth.
- Leave until they are dry to the touch (you can use a fan to speed up process).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes on 150 c in a fan assisted oven.
- Once cool fill with either Buttercream, Ganache or Jam.
- Add 10g of Honey Berry Freeze-dried fruit to your
buttercream, Ganache or Jam and fill in-between the macaroon
- For Decoration sprinkle your chosen freeze-dried fruit over
the top, and Enjoy...